THE ABILITY TO DELAY GRATIFICATION

I believe one of the biggest factor to consider before giving anyone a leadership position is THE ABILITY TO DELAY GRATIFICATION!

A leader who lacks this ability will do a lot of damage to people, places, and platforms. 

That ability to control yourself from acting in the heat of the moment, the ability to take a deep breathe before making hasty decisions and judgements, it has the capacity to make a major difference in your leadership. 

Many situations will arise, many seemingly juicy people and offers, many sensitive issues to attend to, in leadership you must learn to check your decisions before making them.

I learnt this very early in my life, and to God's glory it has saved me from a whole lot of scandals and shipwreck in destiny. The few times I failed the gratification test, I suffered greatly for it, so I would be an hypocrite to talk as though I've always gotten it right. 

Dear leader, take this trait seriously, and your future self would be glad you did.

I call you blessed.

Post a Comment

0 Comments